Thank you to everyone who attended the sessions I did with Beatrice Baciu on Leveraging User Profiles in 2010 and 2013. We had a great weekend. Thanks to the organizers for having us down. Looking forward to next year.
If you are looking for the slides I have posted them here.
In case you were not able to catch the presentation i did with Bob German at SharePoint Saturday NYC you can check it out here. Apps 101
Check out my latest blog post as a guest writer for the BlueMetal Architects blog. The State of Web Content Management in 2013
I was recently tasked with migrating code that was written for 2007 in a feature. The files that were originally provisioned in the feature we deployed to the root folder of the feature. The code had already been upgraded to SharePoint 2010. I needed to create a wsp using Visual Studio 2010 and package it as a feature. Out of the box when you create a new Module in VS 2010 you get a subfolder so for example you create the feature called Feature1 and a module called Mod1. The default deployment path is 14\templates\features\feature1\mod1\file.txt. What I needed was feature1\mod1\file.txt. I tried modifying all the attributes in the elements.xml file and was not able to get the files to the correct location.
In the end what i did was the following
- Add the file to the module in visual studio
- Look at the properties of the file in visual studio
- Under Deployment Location expand the + and clear the Path value.
- Ensure that the Deployment Type is Element File
- Deploy the file and it should be in the correct location.
I have a mental block on this query string parameter. If you need to add a webpart on the newform.aspx page ToolPaneView=2 to the query string for the page. This will put the page in edit mode.
The deck for my SharePoint Saturday New Hampshire has been posted to SlideShare. Thanks to everyone who came to my session.
I wish I could say that I was smart enough to have figured this one out for myself but I can’t. I was working on my first custom branded SharePoint 2010 site and the search screen was all messed up. The navigation was displaying doubled. It turns out that the search center out of the box used minimal.master. This uses the placeholders that are in v4.master in different way so the search box ends up in the breadcrumb pull down. At any rate, Randy Drisgill wrote a great and very easy to follow post about how to modify your custom masterpage to the search center. It took me longer to create the feature to deploy the new search masterpage than it did to make the modifications.